Here is my first "major" project that I have used my "new" sewing machine for. Matt got me my Singer a couple Christmas's ago, and I've used it once before this to make burpies for my nephew, Creed. Well, when I say "make", I mean that I attached some ribbon to some Gerber cloth diapers to make them look baby boyish and cute.
Powell always pretends to be a super hero (or super villain now, thank you to "Megamind"). He loves his Superman pajamas, and always wants to wear them because of the cape. I mean, who can be a super hero without a cape? I wanted to get him a cape that he could wear whenever he wanted, and I wanted it to be cute and good quality. All of the capes you see in the boutiques are $30 and up. Was not going to pay that. I decided to try and make one myself, and after looking at a few tutorials online, I decided to go with
this one. Of course I had to make one for Isabel too since they like to play with the same things, and play together nicely...sometimes.... Mine did not turn out as nice and perfect as the ones in the tutorial, but it was my first time sewing something like that, on my own, with no real prior experience to speak of. I am pretty proud. The kids love them. That makes me happy.

Here are the finished products. Powell picked the colors of his cape, and I picked Isabel's colors. She didn't really care anway. ;) He has a lightening bolt on the back of his, and she has a crown on the back of hers. I realize you may have to use your imagination for the lightening bolt, and according to my husband, I should have sewn it on vertical, not horizontal. For the record, I had a seam that was a little messed up on the right side of the circle, so I really needed to sew the bolt on horizontally.

"My hero!" This really makes me laugh because this is Powell's infamous, "mad face." Looks pretty scary, don't you think?

Powell had to add the gloves to his ensemble. Apparently super heroes need gloves to help them fly. That's right. The cape is not enough for flight. Isabel didn't want her picture taken. This was right before naptime.

She's still cute, even though she's sad. Of course, she had to have some "glubs" too.
No comments:
Post a Comment