Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


Easter Sunday was a pretty relaxed day for us. We went to church in the morning. Before church, we attempted to get a picture of the kids. Need I say more? Isabel has been anti picture taking lately, and will not smile or look at the camera most of the time. I sang in the mixed ensemble for the Easter program, which was actually a first for me. I very much enjoyed it. The songs we sang were beautiful. So much meaning, and brought tears to my eyes just about every time we sang them. Just remembering the fact that Jesus died on the cross for all people and rose again on the 3rd day. It is so wonderful to know that I serve a living God, and that he loved all of us lowly, sinful people, that He would send His son to die for us, and that Jesus willingly did it...I am in awe.
That afternoon, we dyed some eggs (Matt made us do 36 eggs to be exact). :P Sadly, we didn't finish eating them all within the week, but I think we did pretty well! The kids did an egg hunt with candy-filled plastic eggs, we had a very low-key dinner, and watched "How To Train Your Dragon."
Super "egg"-cited to dye some eggs! Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :)
Isabel wasn't too interested in the egg dying. She did do one though, and here's the proof.
Stirring it up.
Looking for some eggs. Isabel caught onto this pretty well, and she didn't even know that there was candy in them! Imagine her surprise. :)

Showing us his "loot."
Her "loot." Again, anti picture.

I hope everybody had a wonderful and blessed Easter!

No comments: