
This little cutie turned 2 today. How it happened? I do not know. One day she was this tiny, precious little baby, and the next, she was this fun-loving, sassy, sweet, little lady!

We celebrated by having Matt's parents come over for dinner, cake and present opening. Nothing too fancy this year. I made these delicious
PF Chang's copycat lettuce wraps. If you love love their lettuce wraps as I do, you have got to make these ones! They were also a perfect gluten free meal, as my mother-in-law has celiac's. Matt bought a cake from King Sooper's, and since it was obviously not gf, I made some vanilla bean icecream using this awesome
Vanilla Bean Paste.

Here is Isabel thanking Wiley the guinea pig (Matt's parent's guinea pig that we were going to watch for them), for the adorable hedgehog purse.

Getting good at ripping open those presents.

G'ma Kathy and g'pa Herb got Isabel Bitty Baby's crib. It was too funny, because Isabel thought the box was the crib and immediately tried to put Bitty Baby inside before we had actually taken out the pieces of the real crib and put them together. Funny little girl.

Here she is with her store-bought cake. It was pretty yummy.

Lovin' that cake


She was in stroller heaven. She received Bitty Baby's stroller from my parents and a little doll umbrella stroller from my brother and his family.


She also got this mini Rapunzel doll. She loves "brushing" her hair, but I'm afraid poor Rapunzel is a little more "tangled" than she's used to being. ;)

My brother and his family also got her the Cinderella jewelry you see pictured here. She loves it. Powell likes pushing the button on the shoe that says, "Hello. I'm Cinderella." Fun for everyone! Happy Birthday my Belle! We love you to pieces!!!
Isabel at 2:
-She loves fruit, and anything sweet. What can I say? She is my child.
-She doesn't like veggies, but will, on occassion, eat raw carrots or celery dipped in ranch or corn on the cob.
-She loves to be read to.
-She loves to sing and dance (again, my daughter)
-Loves shoes!
-Loves babies (real and pretend), princesses, going for walks, the twirly slide at the park (but is afraid of the swings)
-Has a huge vocabulary. I wouldn't even be able to list all of the things she says. She speaks in short sentences, and I just love her little voice. Some favorites: "I luf (love) you!", "Luf (love) you too!", "God bless!", "Where did it go?", "I found it!", "I need help.", "I got a boogie."...She will pretty much repeat any word/phrase you want her to say.
-She now sleeps in a big girl bed! I'll post pics later after we've taken down the crib and put the cute bedding on. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment