We had fun, but, as always, time goes by too fast. We got to see my little sister and my newest nephew, Creed. A-dorable. We got to see good friends. My best friend, Chaney was in town, so the kids and I went over to her mother-in-law's house to visit and play. Too short of a time, but I'm always so happy to see her and her little loves. She has 2 boys. One is about 5 months younger than Powell and the other is a week younger than Isabel. We also spent 2 days playing and visiting over at my friend, Andie's, house. She has a boy just a little younger than Powell and a girl that's only a couple weeks older than Isabel.
I have to add this funny story, although there are no pictures to document. On Thursday night, 10/28/10, my mom, Jerusha with Creed, me, Powell and Isabel took an evening walk. It was already dark when we left. We had the kids in their jammies snuggled in blankets, each in a stroller. There are a lot of deer that roam around the streets during this time of year. Smart deer. ;) You do have to be careful about getting too close because they can attack if they feel they are in danger. Well, toward the end of our walk, we were walking down a street when a herd of deer started walking up the street toward us. We quickly turned back around the way we came. The unfortunate thing was, the sidewalks aren't always in great condition and we had just passed over a part of the sidewalk that was broken up and kind of treacherous. We were hauling, it was bumpy, it was pretty humorous. I was yelling to Powell (whom I had in the small umbrella stroller that was about 10+ years old), that we might lose a wheel. I was joking. The wheel took it seriously and fell off. Powell, not being buckled in since he's a big boy and doesn't try to jump out of strollers, flew out, both shoes came off. He wasn't hurt, just scared. Jerusha nor I could stop laughing. The deer were no longer behind us, so we were in no danger of getting stomped. Powell and I both walked back, I, with the umbrella stroller tucked under my arm. We got back to my parent's safe and sound. My poor little boy. Shortly after we arrived back to the house, he fell down the stairs. Don't ask me how. Both of my children are pretty clumsy, that's the only thing I could think of. Again, he was not hurt, just scared. He got lots of snuggles that night.
We also took a trip down to SLC, UT and got the kids' pictures taken by Dani (the same girl who took them last year). Once I get them, I will post them! From what I saw, they were pretty darned cute. :)






1 comment:
Well this answers my previous question about who took them. Haha! She's fab :) And yey for visits to Wyoming :D One of these years we'll have to visit at the same time so we can meet up for a playdate!
Post a Comment