I do not like the croup. Powell and I were in WY when it hit. He got the barky cough on Wednesday, and by that night, his breathing was very strided (even after sitting in the steamy, foggy bathroom and running the humidifier). My mom and I took him to the hospital in Rock Springs, well, the ER, at around 4 am on Thursday. They admitted him to the hospital once they opened because his O2 sats had gone down. They did have to give him some oxygen in the ER along with some nebulizer treatments and some steroids. He did not enjoy it, not one little bit. He freaked out whenever any of the hospital staff came near him, even though they weren't hurting him. It made for a long, rough day and night. He was finally released from the hospital on Friday morning at 10:30. I was oh, so happy, as was Powell. He had to be on prescription steroids for the next few days which made him very on edge, weepy, whiney...all my favorite things! lol When I would tell Powell to say that he had the croup, he kept saying "I have poop". Ah well, you can't get 'em all right. Other than our bout with croup, we had a very enjoyable time at g'pa and g'ma's house. Powell even learned how to walk down the stairs frontwards. Yikes!

Powell watching g'ma's skaters.

Happier days. Playing piano with g'ma.

Right after we got into the ER. Poor, sick baby.

He did not like getting the nebs or getting his vitals taken.

Finally crashed out for a bit.

I had to hold the O2 under his nose while he slept.

Feeling a little bit better in our hospital room. "Vacuuming" the floors.

Sweet boy fell asleep on me as I paced the hall.
2 comments:
You are a beautiful mother- we can't wait for your new arrival.
Oh, Jai!
Those pictures are SO familiar to me!!! I have my own set of not-quite-two-years-old-super-sick-with-croup-in-the-ER photos of Evis!
You are looking lovely as a pregnant mama!
Post a Comment