We had a fairly eventful Christmas week. Christmas day was spent with just our little family. It was nice and quiet and uneventful. Christmas evening, we went over to Matt's parents house for some pie. Powell again had fun playing with the Duplo's and looking at and listening to the garland lit doorbell. It's basically garland that you put around your door and hook it up to your doorbell, so when people ring it, it plays Christmas music and the lights dance to whatever carol it plays. There is a setting that you can put it on to just play over and over, and that's what g'ma Kathy did for Powell. He enjoyed it. :)
The day after Christmas, my family, well, my parents, 2 sisters, Jerusha's now fiance Wes, and Jerusha's 13 year old charge, Emily. We did Christmas with my family on Saturday morn/afternoon after Christmas. I hosted it at my house. We just did some pizza for lunch, and I had made some Christmas goodies, which, by the way, were delicious if I do say so myself. :) That evening, we went over to my brother's house for a surprise engagement party for Jerusha and Wes. We had some of my mom's famous and delicious enchiladas. Mmmm... Topped off, of course, with some celebratory cake and icecream. We also had to play some Guitar Hero that weekend as well since my brother got a Wii with Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith. :)
On New Year's Day, we traveled up to Fort Collins to celebrate Christmas with the DeHart side of the family. There was delicious taco soup and my brother-in-law's yummy Christmas cookies. I'm eating for two, right? Unfortunately, I was very lacking in taking pictures, so I only have a few to share.
P.S. Powell's favorite present he received was a Curious George stuffed monkey from his Aunt Christy and Uncle Josh. George is his buddy. He sits on the couch with George and watches George's shows with him.
Powell rockin' out to the triumphant music of his new fire truck on Christmas morning.









No comments:
Post a Comment