I never thought my daughter would have to get stitches before my son, but it happened! I love my clumsy little girl, but she took it a little far this time. ;) We were getting ready to go to a pumpkin patch with some friends this morning and she went running into the bathroom. Well, of course she more slipped/tripped into the bathroom and snagged her poor little leg on the brad-type nails that nail the metal stripping down between the bathroom floor and the carpet. This girl rarely cries when she gets hurt, but boy did she cry this time. I got the wound cleaned and bandaged and took her to Urgent Care. They wanted to send me to the ER at the hospital since they somewhat sedate younger patients to give them stitches, but what the heck?! Since when did we start sedating our children just to get a few stitches? I told them just to do what they normally do, numb the area and sew away! I held her down, and she did so great. We sang some songs, and she was crying for the majority since you can still somewhat feel things. I felt so bad for my little, chubby-legged baby girl. She did get to pick out a sucker after she was done and she picked one out for her big brother too. I forgot to ask how many stitches, but husband, the pro, said it looked to be about 8. They had to do a couple layers of stitches since the cut was a bit deep. She was such a trooper and keeps calling her stitches, "titches".
No comments:
Post a Comment