The morning of the party was a Sunday morning, so we still headed to church in the a.m. I had decorated the night before, so when Powell came downstairs, he saw the silver, swirly stars hanging from the ceiling. He gasped and said, "Oh, thank you, mom!" It was pretty sweet. The little things in life...
Powell was so excited about his cake, and I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, too. Everything was from scratch, except for the cake mixes. They were Duncan Hines. ;) Did you know that marshmallow, homemade fondant tastes sooooo much better than the premade fondant you can buy at the store? And it's so incredibly easy to make! Moving right along....Powell really loved his cake, and he is probably the only kid I know of who has to be threatened in order to open his birthday presents. lol All-in-all, I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time, and it was nice that my parents were in town to celebrate with us as well.






No comments:
Post a Comment