Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Haul Out The Holly..."

We started putting up the Christmas decor today! Hooray! My favorite holiday is just around the corner. I have not taken pictures yet, but I will when I have the finished product. Putting up the decorations this year is a bit more difficult with a 3 1/2 year old and especially with the 19 month old. Whew! She is such a busy little thing, and keeps pulling things out of boxes, bringing it to me and saying, "Here ya go!" Makes me laugh, but I'm afraid she's going to haul out something breakable. Little stink. Matt even put lights on the house today! Powell was really wanting to put lights up after driving through our neighborhood the other night and seeing other people's lights. During the drive he would say, "We really need to put lights on our house, mommy. I wish we had lights." He thinks the lights are, and I quote, "Beautiful."

They had fun playing with their nativity today. I love that I have my nativity (the Willow Tree Nativity), that I am still collecting, which I love! I'm also very glad that they get to have their own nativity (the Little People Nativity), which they, and I love. As I took all of the different pieces out, we talked about what Christmas is really about. I love how it's something tangible that they can see and hopefully start to understand. Isabel kept bringing me the book, Christmas In The Manger, to read to her. She loves making the animal noises and seeing the "baby". I love being able to share with my babies, the wonderful meaning of Christmas, and to enjoy all of the other little things too.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

We have the same nativity, both of them actually. The willow tree nativity is my favorite. I love the muted colors and the simplicity of it. I love how Mary is holding baby Jesus, because that's how I imagine it was, I think Mary spent more time holding Him than laying Him in the manger. We've been collecting it for 8 years and finally have all the pieces. It's just beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures of your other holiday decor.