Wednesday, September 22, 2010

No-Bake Cookies


I'm sure many, if not all of you out there are familiar with no-bake cookies. I love these. So easy, and so delicious. I make them often, so my waistline isn't going down as quickly as I would like, but I just can't help myself! :) If you've never made them, or heard of them, here is the recipe that I follow:

No-Bake Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (if you don't want "nuts" in your cookies, then just do creamy)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
3 cups quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I substitute this for almond extract)

Directions:
1. Place a piece of wax paper or foil on a cookie sheet. Combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa in medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
3. Remove from heat; cool about 1 minute.
4. Add peanut butter; stir to blend. Add oats, coconut and vanilla; stir to mix well. Quickly drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto wax paper or foil. Cool completely. Store in cool, dry place.

Enjoy! I often like to indulge myself with a small cup of warm mixture right off the stove top, with a mug of cold milk. Mmmm...

No comments: