Friday, September 18, 2009

The Cabin

We had so much fun at the family cabin with Matt's parents! We went for just a weekend. It was nice and relaxing and beautiful. I love the fall with all of the colors.
While we were there, Matt and Herb went fly fishing, so Kathy took the babies and I to Woodland Park to the dinosaur museum there. Powell had a blast in the play area. The kids get to "dig" for bones, build their own dinosaur, do crayon rubbings of dinosaurs, touch petrified dinosaur poo... He probably would've stayed there all day. We ate yummy food, played a couple games of Mexican Train (and I won 1 of the games!) and got to see a deer that had wandered right outside of the cabin! Our last morning there, we went on a little hike. G'pa Herb got Powell a little walking stick, which Powell loved, and attempted to use. It was pretty cute. Thank you Kathy and Herb for a great weekend!

No comments: