Monday, September 8, 2008

My New Kid

I've also started taking care of a 1 year old little girl named, Alyssa. Just on Mondays and Tuesdays. She's such a good kid, and such a cutie! It's very cute to see Powell interact with other babies/kids (he's still my baby) his age. He's always wanting a kiss from "Lyssa", but they still do have their quarrels. He's definitely learning how to share his toys too. If she's playing with something he wants, he'll either take it from her, or sit really close to her and say, in a very pathetic voice, "I'm sharing". It really is cute, but I have to explain to him, when he takes the toy, that that's not sharing. It's preparing him for baby #2 I think. ;)

A walk to the park and back. We were going to play at the park, but they were spraying for wasps, so there went that idea!

Powell used to call all flowers "purple" because of these things. My mom was trying to teach him the color purple when we had bought these at JoAnn's. He still calls these "purple", but he now knows the word "flowers" (fyowyers is how he says it).

And one final picture of my handsome man! This is a "new" Naartjie outfit from g'ma Dove. It's still a little big, but I had to try it out. The day was a little cool, but not too cool, so it worked. He looked very studly I must say. ;) Mom, sorry it wasn't a better picture. He wouldn't put his "hair jo" down, and kept walking either towards me or away from me. I know. The toilet is in the background. :P

1 comment:

harmonfamily said...

your son is so adorable. it is so fun to read about how everyone is doing and to see everyones little families. it sounds like you are doing so good. was so good to hear from you. take care