Thanksgiving this year was fun and interesting. Of course the food is always good, and getting to spend some time with family. This year, Herb and Kathy hosted at their house and we each brought something (like every year). My norms to bring are my homemade cranberry sauce, New England Yam Bake and my homemade pumpkin pie. Because of my MIL having celiacs, I did everything that required flour, gluten free. Whew! I think I bit off a little more than I could chew. First attempt at gluten free pie crust was not the easiest or the greatest. The pumpkin pie didn't turn out bad (since there's only 1 crust), but I attempted a double-crusted apple pie too. Yikes! What was I thinking?! It wasn't terrible, but it definitely was not the best either. I'm going to have to find a different recipe, or perfect it somehow. Anyhow, here are some pictures of our feast-filled day.
So fun to get the kids in on the action. They helped me make my cranberry sauce this year. I remember helping my mom make it when I was a little girl. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment