Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gardening and Some Yummy Cookies


Both of the kids love to help water the garden, or maybe it's just that they like to play with the hose/sprayer. Either way, it gets the job done.




I'm always on the lookout for gluten free recipes (especially when it comes to goodies) for my MIL who was diagnosed with celiacs a few years ago. These cookies are awesome! Sooo good and easy. I have to try and get them out of my house before we all eat them all (well, maybe so I don't eat them all).

Chocolate Meringue Cookies

Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture becomes glossy. Fold in cocoa and chocolate chips.
Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight container....if needed. ;)

No comments: