Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This Mother's Day was pretty laid back. Just the way I like them. We, of course, went to church in the morning. I was teaching the 2's and 3's junior church, so I didn't get to hear the sermon in the morning, but I did get to make help make some cute Mother's Day crafts for the children to give to their mommies. Isabel always points to the one I she made me and says, "My handprint!" I love being a mommy. After church, we worked on the garden some. Did I mention I was going to start a garden this year? My very first, so we shall see how it goes! I'm pretty excited about it. Kathy (my MIL) came over for a bit before we met everyone for dinner. My lovely daughter gave her "gramma Kappy" a Mother's Day she'll never forget. The unsuspecting grandma is holding her sweet granddaughter (who is wearing "big girl" panties because she is potty training) on her lap. All of a sudden, Isabel gets quickly put down, and poor Kathy stands up to reveal the fact that Isabel had let loose her bladder on her grandma. In a big way. Sigh... It was not one of her greatest moments, but later on, we all had a chuckle. After Kathy went home to change, we met up at Chili's with Matt's sister and her family and Matt's parents. It was a lovely, fun dinner. Afterward, we headed over to Dairy Queen for some dessert. Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard? Don't mind if I do! I hope all of the mothers and mothers-to-be out there had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Kenzee Jo said...

Love this picture...you're so pretty and your kids are adorable! I hope you had a great Mother's DAY!!!