Friday, October 8, 2010

Flashback Friday: The Nutcracker Ballet


As it gets closer to the holiday season, I always remember how busy this time of year was, with all of the ballet classes and rehearsals for The Nutcracker going on. In my little hometown, The Nutcracker performances were the big "to do" around the holidays. I miss it. This year marks the 25th anniversary of The Nutcracker Ballet for my hometown, and I wish I could go. I can't wait for the day when my daughter is old enough to enjoy seeing a performance (wherever we may be), and maybe even dance in one. If any of you get the chance to see a performance, it is definitely worth it.
This photo of my little sister and I was taken at my last performance in 1999 (I am on the left). I danced the part of the Snow Queen, amongst other parts.
Flashback Friday Button

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

Having a tradition like that is so awesome. I remember little things that I used to do with my family (I never did go see the nutcracker, though), and I miss them every year. Our family is still young, so we're still trying to create traditions here in our little home. Seeing the nutcracker would be amazing. I'm going to hint to my husband that I want him to take me, hee.