Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I'm Not 3, I'm 28."


He's three. My little baby boy is 3. Although, if you ask him how old he is, he says he's 28. Or, if you tell him he's 3, he says, "I'm not 3, I'm 28." It totally has to do with him asking me the day before his birthday how old I was, but funny that it has stuck with him like that.

-He loves to pretend.
-He's a little obsessed with monsters. After he turns his light out for nap time, or bed time, he always tells us, "Don't scare the monster."
-I told him today he had a monster on his underwear. He ran to me and jumped in my lap and said in quite a concerned voice, "I don't want a monster on my underwear." I laughed and said, "Cookie Monster!" He then laughed too, but was quite relieved it wasn't a "monster".
-He loves "Cinderella", and is obsessed with the stepmother's glowing eyes when she follows Cinderella up to her room to lock her in. He says, "the stepmother's going to turn her eyes on!" --Also obsessed with Maleficent in "Sleeping Beauty". "Maleficent shouldn't hit." Referring to when she uses her staff to send lightening bolts out to shock her minions. I asked him if we should make her put her nose on the wall (his form of punishment/timeout). He says, "No. She needs to stay in the TV." It's a love/hate relationship.
-He still loves his sister, but has taken to knocking her over when she's sitting on the floor, and of course, taking toys (whether they're his or hers) from her. And the sibling rivalry starts. ;) ha!
-Loves to color, play with play-do, and do puzzles
-Loves cars and balls (we're trying to master catching)
-Still obsessed with my vacuum
-Asks if you have poop if you pass gas (ask me if that's funny in public.)
-Learning his presidents, and does quite well. Also learning his states.
-Loves to take showers

Definitely been testing us, but is still a funny, sweet little boy when he puts his mind to it. :) Happy birthday buddy!!



We were sick, so we celebrated with just us 4. I made chocolate cupcakes (at his request), and we ate them after our dinner of pizza, from Dominoes (have you tried the "new and improved"? I still like the old stuff better). It was nice and low-key. Just the way I like it. :)

No comments: