Saturday, November 14, 2009

Powell-isms

Powell is learning his presidents. We bought one of those $1 placemats at Wal-Mart with all 44 presidents on it, and he is learning. He knows quite a few of them, and recently has started asking about a couple different presidents in a day. Yesterday, he learned James Polk (our 11th president) at breakfast. He'll repeat it throughout the meal and meals following. Well, at lunch, he repeats James Polk and what number he is, then he reaches over with his pb&j covered hand, and says, "mom, I'm gonna James 'Poke' you." Clever little 2 year old.

This one I didn't witness, but my brother-in-law told me. He was watching our children last night while Matt and I, along with his co-workers, went to a delicious steak house called Del Frisco's. Powell was trying to fit some Lego Duplos into a cup. He got 2 in and was trying and trying to fit a third, but there just wasn't enough room. Dave says to him, "I think there's too many in there." Powell retorts with, "No. There's three many in there." The funny thing is, he wasn't trying to be funny at all. He was just calling it as he saw it!

He is such a funny kid, and is always saying things to make us laugh. Where he gets it, I do not know.

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

Smart kid! He is so cute! Love it!