Thursday, April 16, 2009

She's here! (not for the faint of heart)

Little miss Isabel Sophie made her debut on April 16, 2009 at 3:24 pm. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 11.6 oz, 20.5" long and a head circumference of a whopping 15 1/2"!! Whew! On the upside, I only had to push for 17 minutes, and she was out! With Powell, I had to push for an hour and a half. Ugh. Everything went as planned; we went in on Wednesday evening, got a dose of cervidil (which definitely jump started my labor), a sleeping pill, a few hours later the epidural, and a few hours after that, a baby! Let me just say though, when they broke my water, the flood gates did open! I soaked up 2 or 3 of their large towels right away, and another 2-3 after that. You could hear the sloshing of the water when it was broken, the doctor and the nurse had to jump back a bit, with the exclamation of, "Whoa!" Sorry guys, she's a pee-er, what can I say?
Such a cute, fat little thing though. Already has some rolls, cheeks and a double chin! We love her to pieces. Powell does too. He didn't get jealous one bit when he came to see us in the hospital. He would just walk up to where she was and ask, "What's that baby doin'?" Already a protective brother too. When the nurses came in to test her blood sugars (which were a little low because she is a big baby), he just wanted, "mommy to hold the baby?" Such a sweet little man.


Fresh out of the oven.

Meeting baby sister for the first time. He likes her.

Cheeks!
Love crying pictures. I may sound heartless, but there's just something about them. They make me melt. She wasn't very happy about all the pictures I was snapping with the flash, and she finally just started wailing. It was adorable.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I love those crying pictures too. Something about those little faces all upset is just too adorable for words! Enjoy her!

Green River High School said...

I've been patiently waiting for all the updates! Your family is so dang cute! I love all the pictures and updates. Hope all is well in CO! :)

rachael said...

She is so beautiful! I love it, thanks for posting, I'm glad to know that life is going well, she's a doll! Keep me updated!

Mindi said...

I'm happy to see some updates on your blog. She is adorable and that pbk bedding is super fun.